Sunday, July 26, 2009

China overtakes the US in the Year of the Rabbit?

We recently crossed an interesting technology adoption milestone (Yahoo tech news). China has more internet users than the US population. China have over 338 million PC users. I thought that this would be an opportunity to aggregate related statistics about China. With the PC subsidy for rural China (Source: Gartner) expected to increase PC adoption, would China surpass the US in annual PC sales in 2011 (Year of the Rabbit)? A corollary to this question: If China does pass the US in PC sales, does this mean anything? China has passed the US in mobile phone sales, and the world continues to turn...

I will continue to updated the stats I collect. If you have related stats that you would like to see here, please send them to me and I will include it.

No comments:

Post a Comment